You can give us a donation in the form of your time. We are always looking for good volunteers and it's easy to become one. All you have to do is come in to the centre, talk to one of our staff and fill out an application form. If you are wanting to work in a hands-on role with the animals, we will then ask you to come in for a short induction course which will cover such things as health and safety, isolation procedures and cross contamination, DON'T PANIC! It's easy. And that's it!
- Fosters of Queens and Kittens - If you have a separate room, are over 18 years old and your other household pets are fully vaccinated and you love cats, then you maybe able to Foster Queens & Kittens or just Kittens. Please contact the centre if you would like to become a fosterer for our Mums and Babies .
- Dog and puppy fostering - If you have a secure yard, are over 18 years old and your dogs are fully vaccinated and you have a love for dogs but maybe cannot commit to owning one full time this maybe just the role for you. The majority of our dogs are fostered out every weekend to help give them socialisation and a break from the Centre. Preferably you need to be able to collect the dogs/puppys on a Friday afternoon and return them Monday morning, we provide all food bedding and any other requirements you may need.
- Op Shop volunteers - check out our Op Shop page
- Weekend Duty Officer - Are you mature, used to handling animals and dealing with members of the public? Do you have a full drivers licence and some time to spare at weekends? If so, come and talk to us about whether this role could be right for you. You'll need to be available to be on call with the animal ambulance one weekend in every 5-6 weeks.
- Committe Member - When a positions arise we look for special people to join the dynamic committee at Nelson SPCA. You'll need to attend monthly meetings (evenings) and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and pitch in with fundraising for key events. Ideally you'll be a professional person with a passion for animals, good business networks and business experience. Please call the Center manager for further information.